Friday, March 27, 2009

Topping Out Finally Scheduled!

As most of you know, my project is getting ready to "Top Out". For all of you non-construction nerds, this means that the highest point of the building has been placed. It is a tradition to sign the final beam (which in this case will be a fake since our building is concrete), put an evergreen tree on it, and fly it with the tower crane to the top of the building. The tree orginated way back in the day and was thought to protect the building from evil spirits. We will have a party for the jobsite catered by the Four Seasons (yum) and city officials and media are encouraged to attend. It should be a great time, other than the fact that I have to plan the whole thing.



All of that said, the date is scheduled for............Friday, May 29th! Only problem? I have a flight scheduled that morning to go to Oklahoma for my niece's dance recital. Looks like I may have to reschedule and fly into OKC that evening instead. I am definately not missing the recital!



Here are some photos of the project when we had just poured the 28th floor. We will have 32 when we get to the top! Also included a pic of our team.









2 comments: